Thursday, December 1, 2022

They call me....

 Tracks of the StoneBear Copyright MMXII Uncle Hargus ALL Rights reserved

SBTROF .com   ROF= Ring of Fire Odyssey  

MEF-H = Marine Expeditionary Force- Hargus 

PTG2 = Portugal Camino de Santiago journey    


December 1, 2022           

In Padron, Spain I was threatened with ... "I'm calling the police"; because I took a picture in the lobby of a hotel.  

The police never came of course. The hotel desk clerk lady was throwing her weight around because we asked to speak to "The" manager. If they came it would be;

Police: Your name?

Me: Mi nombre, I am known as Don Sardino.

Police: Any alias's?

my answer when the police would ask if I had any "other" alias' or nicknames.

Police: Are you... ...Tapas....? Gr...

They call me... Tapas Grande... 

Maybe sometimes... Tapas Hombre.  I have used that alias.  

While hiking The Camino de Santiago all of the places-- The Portugal Route-- all was good; friendly people  

Every person we dealt with in Portugal and Spain, innkeepers, restaurants, shopkeepers, were friendly, helpful, and hospitable; except one.

The facts: In Padron, Spain I took a picture in the lobby of the hotel lobby as i was leaving to hike that day to Santiago, Spain. 

The desk clerk lady said i could not take her picture and threatened to call the police. ?Why? i don't know? but...

Wife Terry had asked to speak to the manager 4 times... evidently it challenged her authority as a Sunday morning desk clerk that she was not capable to handle guest complaint.

The desk clerk lady became irate threatening to "call the police"... I'm still wondering... for what? ... taking a picture. 

I waited in the lobby for several minutes until i realized there was no call to the police. This was the lady desk clerk, her authority was challenged when we asked to speak to THE manager.

Now i begin to understand the Iberian peninsula about how they burned people at the stake during the Spanish inquisition. It was women like this. Some nobody... challenge her authority... and she wants to have you arrested. Thank god we're not burning people at the stake in Spain in 2022... unless you stay at a hotel in Padron, Spain.  

This lady desk clerk actually lied and sabotaged our luggage being sent forward to the next town on the Camino hike. ?Why? ?Why was she so vindictive that she wanted to delay our luggage sent to the next Camino hotel? ?This is how mean spirited you are to your guests... in Padron, Spain? 

Just glad I never have to stay in Padron, Spain again. I wish y'all well in your endeavors.

**********  

Now I haven't been arrested, yet. come close but not yet. 

1996 had a kidney stone operation. After,... somewhat after the recovery was driving home, this was before they required a driver. On the way home stopped at the Winn-Dixie supermarket to get something for supper. 

Was pushing my cart down the aisle and a guy, manager told me I needed to have better shopping attire. Somehow, I was still in my hospital gown with the open gap in the back. The asst mgr didn't threaten arrest, but he wanted to.

You never drink twice from the same stream. 

Just because you wander doesn't mean you're lost. 

Uncle Hargus: Last of the Independents  

Have Bear,    

          Will Travel 

StoneBearTracks Copyright Uncle Hargus MMXII ALL blog posts/photographs/video ALL Rights reserved 

ALL Blog posts/photographs/video Copyright MMXII ALL Rights Reserved