Monday, September 29, 2014

Gramps Concert?



Gramps night out   Sherman, set the way back machine to 1984. Got complimentary tickets to a concert named "Rewind 80s". This is at Oak Mountain ampitheater, an open concert stage, been here many times before, Have seen Bonnie Raitt, BB King, Buddy Guy, and many others over the years.


The '80s. I've seen many concerts. The '80s were spent mostly building wealth in the rat race. Listened to the radio every day building houses. I was not very impressed with the music. preffered the late '60s -- Pink Floyd, early BB,  -- and some 70s rock Eagles, Fleetwood ect.   

Tribute bands   Bon Jovi was ok, actually recognized some of the songs. Son was a teenager in the 80s.    

U2 Recognized some of their stuff. Like Bono for his enviornmental stand. always advocating to make the world a better place. When coming back out of Nova Scotia  everything was booked up. passed by the Moncton, New Brunswick concert ground where U2 was playing that night. even 70 miles away in Fredericton everything was booked up.  

Prince, and Kiss music ... tribute bands.... absolutely horrible

Motorcycles and pole dancers,... not sure what was the societal reference for the music or crowd... ?maybe 'cause there was a void in the quality of music and they needed some extra, superfluous stimulus "show" there to distract from the lack of "Music"? Ya think?

Pole Dancers? I guess the "Pole" came of age in the ''70s & 80s and it's what inspires young girls to mimic/ imitate while growing into womanhood; glad I didn't have a daughter who's goal was to become a Pole Dancer. I guess I'm really old and antiquated... the dances I prefer are Cajun/ zydeco, East coast Swing, some West Coast Swing, some Ballroom... Foxtrot, Rumba, Waltz, Merenge, Tango, some C&W... some Montgomery Shuffle/ Barn dance, a Texas two step, a side by side promenade...  I guess I'm just old that I'm not impressed with pole dances. 

And another thing for all you Pole dancer ladies out there; let's emphasize "seductive" and less anatomy lesson.   

choppers/ hogs, fog... lighting was ok good.


other stage   local band playing some rock


Tom petty tribute band   



The crowd... Kids... not kids, adults in their 30s and 40s. a lot of drinking.  Parrr - Teee.  fight for the right to parteee ridiculous. 

Asile seat.... kids kept going up and down... 20 times... I'd say please sit down...but I'd expect the answer to be - what for? - and I wouldn't have a good reason.


Alternative stage  no recognizable talent horrible music/ noise    generation divide  lost to void of music.


Gramps:  ?Is it time for my pill?