Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Pilgrim's Prayer O Cebreiro Camino de Santiago

Pilgrim's Prayer O Cebreiro Camino de Santiago

Tracks of the StoneBear Copyright MCMLXIII Uncle Hargus ALL Rights reserved

ROF= Ring of Fire Odyssey  

MEF-H = Marine Expeditionary Force- Hargus 

CdS = Camino de Santiago journey            

September 10, 2019     

O Cebreiro, Galicia, Spain 

I pulled into O Cebreiro, was feelin' about half past dead
I just need some place where I can lay my head... compliments of The Band.

It was a long hump today up into the mountains of northern Spain.




Crossed over into Galicia.




Arriving at O Cebreiro was greeted by this green lady overlooking the Spanish highlands... greeting the arriving pilgrims.




I didn't know it then but O Cebreiro turned out to be one of the best stops on The Camino.

I thin I saw Clint Eastwood there.







After a bite to eat made it to the Pilgrims mass at 7. I don't tear up at services but this one was really special. On the right side of the chapel were book cases with bibles in almost every language; some dating back to the 6th century. This was a really special place.




After the mass I read the Pilgrims Prayer... and realized... I have been practicing parts of this... similar pieces of this prayer for decades... reading this Pilgrims Prayer now, understanding.... I have become The Pilgrim in this prayer.










                                                                 Pilgrims prayer

Although I may have traveled all the roads,
crossed mountains and valleys from east to west,
if I have not discovered the freedom to be myself,
I have arrived nowhere.
Although I may have shared all of my possessions
with people of other languages and cultures
made friends with Pilgrims of a thousand paths,
or shared albergue with saints and princes,
if I am not capable of forgiving my neighbor tomorrow,
I have arrived nowhere.
Although I may have carried my pack from beginning to end
and waited for every pilgrim in need of encouragement,
or given my bed to one who arrived later than I,
given my bottle of water in exchange for nothing;
if upon returning to my home and work,
I am not able to create brotherhood
or to make happiness, peace, and unity,
I have arrived nowhere.
Although I may have had food and water each day,
and enjoyed a roof and shower every night;
or may have had my injuries well attended,
if I have not discovered in all that the love of God,
I have arrived nowhere.
Although I may have seen all the monuments
and contemplated the best sunsets;
although I may have learned a greeting in every language
or tasted the clean water from every fountain;
if I have not discovered who is the Author
of so much free beauty and so much peace,
I have arrived nowhere.
If from today I do not continue walking on Your path,
searching and living according to what I have learned;
if from today I do not see in every person, friend or foe
a companion on The Camino;
if from today I cannot recognize God,
the God of Jesus of Nazareth
as the one God of my life,
I have arrived nowhere.
  Fraydino
***
A good day!  I am the Pilgrim of this prayer!







After reading The Pilgrims Prayer the only words I could follow with are from Dylan's:

Señor, señor
Can you tell me where we're headin'?
Lincoln County Road or Armageddon?
Seems like I been down this way before
Is there any truth in that, señor?  Dylan

or Hallelujah,... Hallelujah from Cohen.

In this walk between the eternities, when I get to the gate on judgment day, I would hope to hear the words... well, you sure took the hard road to get here.

You never drink twice from the same stream. 

Just because you wander doesn't mean you're lost. 

Uncle Hargus: Last of the Independents  

Have Bear,    
          Will Travel 

StoneBearTracks Copyright Uncle Hargus MCMLXIII ALL blog posts/photographs/video ALL Rights reserved 

ALL Blog posts/photographs/video Copyright MCMLXIII ALL Rights Reserved